Thursday 28 September 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madeleine M and Charles Barsotti.
Footlight Parade, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1933 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Madeleine M: Kunin in Switzerland; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Vermont).
- Charles Barsotti: American cartoonist who contributed gag cartoons to major magazines.
- Joe Benton: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at by-election on 11/08/1990 to replace Michael Carr who died 7/20/1990.
- Sylvia Kars: American Sensuality Therapist, surrogate sex-partner, instructor and lecturer.
- Miguel Berrocal: Spanish sculptor and educator (d. 2006).
- Greer Garson wed Edward Snelson
- Sally Eilers weds Harry Joe Brown
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?