Thursday 28 September 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Footlight Parade, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1933 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Joe Benton: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at by-election on 11/08/1990 to replace Michael Carr who died 7/20/1990.
- Charles Barsotti: American cartoonist who contributed gag cartoons to major magazines.
- Sylvia Kars: American Sensuality Therapist, surrogate sex-partner, instructor and lecturer.
- Madeleine M: Kunin in Switzerland; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Vermont).
- Miguel Berrocal: Spanish sculptor and educator (d. 2006).
- Greer Garson wed Edward Snelson
- Sally Eilers weds Harry Joe Brown
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?