Tuesday 28 September 1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gertrud "Traudl" Hecher and J T Walsh.
Thank Your Lucky Stars, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1943 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Gertrud "Traudl" Hecher: Austria -- Downhill skier (1960 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- J T Walsh: Actor (Colonel Frank Bach-Dark Skies).
- Joel Higgins in Bloomington: Illinois, USA; actor (Salvage 1, Silver Spoons).
- Lou Piniella: Outfielder / manager (New York Yankees, Seattle Mariners).
- Mike Kreidler: (Rep-D-Washington).
- Nick St Nicholas: Hamburg, Germany -- Rock bassist (Steppenwolf)
- Susanne Jagd: Denmark -- Actress (Between the Sheets, Tinderbox)
- Warren Lieberfarb: American media executive
- George Trow: American novelist playwright and critic (d. 2006)
- Nick Nicholas: German-Canadian bass player (Steppenwolf The Mynah Birds The Sparrows Blue Cheer and World Classic Rockers)
- Win Percy: English race car driver and manager
- J Walsh: American actor (d. 1998)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?