Friday 28 September 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1945 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Manolis Rasoulis: Greek singer-songwriter and journalist (d. 2011).
- Fusako Shigenobu: Japanese activist founded the Japanese Red Army.
- Jacques Rouveyrollis: French theatre lighting designer.
- François Biensan: French jazz trumpeter, composer and arranger.
- Marielle Goitschel: French alpine skier, still considered as a superstar in France, she won a gold medal in Giant Slalom and a silver one in Slalom (1964 Innsbruck Olympics) and a gold medal in Slalom (1968 Grenoble Olympics).
- Mildred Price starring Joan Crawford opens at Strand
- Robert T Duncan appears as Tonio in I Pagliacci
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?