Saturday 28 September 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herbert Jefferson Jr in Jersey City and Fiona Lewis.
Caesar and Cleopatra, directed by Gabriel Pascal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Faraway Hill.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1946!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1946 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Herbert Jefferson Jr in Jersey City: New Jersey, USA; actor (Battlestar Galactica).
- Fiona Lewis: Westcliff, England -- Actress (Stunts, Lisztomania).
- Larry Breeding in Winchester: Illinois, USA; actor (Who's Watching the Kids?).
- Tom Bower: English journalist and author.
- Peter Egan: Actor (Bean, Chariots of Fire).
- Jean Van de Eeckhoudt: Belgian painter.
- Greek King George II back in Athens
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 1946
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rumors Are Flying - Betty Jane Rhodes
- Frank Sinatra - The Coffee Song
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?