Friday 28 September 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
An American in Paris, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1951 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Wei Chen: Canadian journalist.
- Norton Buffalo: American singer-songwriter harmonica player producer and actor (Steve Miller Band) (d. 2009).
- Christian Marlowe in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Bram - Highcliffe Manor).
- Silvia Dionisio: Rome, Italy -- Actress (Riavanti Marsh!, Amici Miei).
- Jim Diamond: Scottish vocalist who originally started with the group, PhD.
- Dave Rajsich: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the New York Yankees and Texas Rangers from 1978 to 1980. He also played the Hiroshima Toyo Carp in Japan in 1984.
- Franchot Tone wed Barbara Payton
- Norm Van Brocklin of the Los Angeles Rams passes for NFL-record 554 yards.
- CBS makes the first color televisions available for sale to the general public, but the product is discontinued less than month later.
- 20th Century Fox releases the Robert Wise science fiction film, quotThe Day the Earth Stood Stillquot.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sin (It's No Sin) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- Patti Page - And So to Sleep Again
- Wonder Why - Vic Damone
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 1951 and get them!