Sunday 28 September 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia Kristel and Marie-France Lavarini.
The Crimson Pirate, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1952 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Sylvia Kristel: Dutch actress, famed for her appearance in "Emanuelle" and its sequels, erotic films of the 1970s.
- Marie-France Lavarini: French political figure, the communications advisor to Lionel Jospin and Raymond Forni.
- Christopher Buckley: American satirical novelist.
- Efthimis Kioumourtzoglou: Greek basketball player and coach.
- Seyyal Taner: Turkish singer-songwriter and actress.
- Andy Ward: English drummer (Camel Marillion and The Bevis Frond)
- Paul Hastings Allen: Composer, dies at 68.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?