Wednesday 28 September 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
The Desperate Hours, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1955 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Stephane Dion: Canadian politician.
- Stéphane Dion: Canadian sociologist and politician 15th Canadian Minister of the Environment.
- Kenny Kirkland: American pianist (d. 1998).
- 1st World Series color TV broadcast on NBC-TV (Yanks beat Dodgers)
- WITN TV channel 7 in Washington, NC (NBC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- The Shifting, Whispering Sands Part 1 & 2 - Billy Vaughn and His Orchestra
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 1955 and get them!