Wednesday 28 September 1960
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derek James and Tom Byrum.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own by Connie Francis.
In UK Apache by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
The World of Apu, directed by Satyajit Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stagecoach West.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1960!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1960 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Derek James: Durban, South Africa -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Infiniti).
- Tom Byrum: Onida, South Dakota -- Nike golfer (1994 NIKE Panama City Beach-4th).
- Jennifer Rush: American popular singer who became an international favorite, a great success in Germany about 1988.
- Frank Hammerschlag: German footballer and manager.
- Kamlesh Patel: Baron Patel of Bradford English politician.
- Socrates Villegas: Filipino archbishop
- Millionaire, last airs on CBS-TV
- My Heart Has a Mind of Its Own, by Connie Francis hits #1
- Queen For A Day, moves to ABC-TV
- Sunrise at Campobello premiered at Palace theater
- Ted Williams hits his final homer, number 521.
- Mali and Senegal join the United Nations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Connie Francis - My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Sam Cooke - Chain Gang
- Larry Verne - Mr. Custer
- Jimmy Charles - A Million To One
- Elvis Presley - It's Now Or Never
- The Ventures - Walk -- Don't Run
- Brook Benton - Kiddio
- The Everly Brothers - So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
- The Drifters - Save The Last Dance For Me
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?