Friday 28 September 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Anne-Marie Fox and Irving Fryar.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Bad Sleep Well, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Gallant Men.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1962 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Anne-Marie Fox: Los Angeles, California -- Playmate (Feb, 1982).
- Irving Fryar: NFL wide receiver (Miami Dolphins).
- Laurie Rinker-Graham: Stuart, Florida -- LPGA golfer (1986 LPGA Corning).
- S C Grant: British Lieutenant General.
- Thomas Mork: Denmark -- Actor (Krystalbarnet, Bryggeren).
- Luis Enrique: spanish singer (Luces del Alma).
- Grant Fuhr: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Dietmar Schacht: German footballer and manager
- Chuck Taylor: American music journalist
- Brighter Day, last airs on CBS-TV daytime
- Jan Murray Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- Tonight Show, last airs on NBC-TV
- Verdict Is Yours, last airs on CBS-TV
- Alouette (Canada), 1st Canadian satellite, launched
- The Paddington tram depot fire destroys 65 trams in Brisbane, Australia.
- Prime Minister Ahmed Ben Bella founds the first government in Algeria.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?