Monday 28 September 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison.
In UK You Really Got Me by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Cheyenne Autumn, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1964!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1964 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Laura Ceron: American actress.
- Claudio Borghi: Argentine football manager (Colo-Colo).
- Laura Cerón: Mexican-American actress.
- Gregor Fisken: Scottish race car driver.
- Paul Jewell: English footballer and manager.
- Mārtiņš Roze: Latvian lawyer and politician (d. 2012)
- Janeane Garofalo: American actress, comedienne, political activist and writer. Garofalo began her career as a stand-up comedian and became a cast member on the Ben Stiller Show, The Larry Sanders Show, and Saturday Night Live, then appeared in more than 50 movies, with leading or major roles in The Truth About Cats and Dogs, Wet Hot American Summer, The Matchmaker, Reality Bites, Steal This Movie!, Clay Pigeons, Sweethearts, Mystery Men, and The Independent, among numerous others.
- Susan Walters: Georgia, United States -- Actress (Lorna-Loving, Mary Beth-Dear John)
- 53rd Davis Cup: Australia beats USA in Cleveland (3-2)
- Suriname Governor A Currie resigns
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roy Orbison - Oh, Pretty Woman
- The Animals - The House Of The Rising Sun
- Manfred Mann - Do Wah Diddy Diddy
- Martha & the Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
- The Newbeats - Bread And Butter
- Gale Garnett - We'll Sing In The Sunshine
- Ronny & The Daytonas - G.T.O.
- The Shangri-Las - Remember (Walkin' In The Sand)
- Gene Pitney - It Hurts To Be In Love
- The 4 Seasons - Save It For Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 1964 and get them!