Saturday 28 September 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
Coogan's Bluff, directed by Donald Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1968 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Mika Hakkinen: Finnish race car driver.
- Vanessa Vadim: French-American noted family, the daughter of Roger and Jane Fonda Vadim.
- CarrT Otis in San Francisco: California, USA; actress (Wild Orchid).
- Francois Botha: South African boxer and mixed martial artist.
- Mika Häkkinen: Finnish race car driver.
- Trish Keenan: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Broadcast) (d. 2011)
- Rob Moroso: American race car driver (d. 1990)
- Naomi Watts: British actress who came to international attention in David Lynch's psychological thriller "Mulholland Drive" (2001). She received nominations at the Academy Awards and the Screen Actors Guild Awards in the Best Actress categories for her portrayal of Cristina Peck in Alejandro González Iñárritu's neo-noir 21 Grams (2003). For her leading role as Maria Bennett in the disaster film "The Impossible" (2012), she received second nominations for the Academy Award and Screen Actors Guild Award for Be
- Bess Singh [Lennart Bes]: Dutch pop drummer (Burma Shop-Hippies)
- Jerry Evans: NFL tight end (Denver Broncos)
- Jock Climie: CFL slot back (Montreal Alouettes)
- Corry Lievens: Flemish actress / playwright / director (Blue Bird), dies at 64.
- Happy Time closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 286 performances
- Hey Jude by Beatles peaks at #1
- Atlanta Chiefs beat San Diego Toros 3-0 for NASL championship.
- Chuck Hixson (Southern Methodist) completes 37 of record 69 passes.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?