Saturday 28 September 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bess Singh [Lennart Bes] and Jerry Evans.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
Coogan's Bluff, directed by Donald Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tyrant King.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1968!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1968 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Bess Singh [Lennart Bes]: Dutch pop drummer (Burma Shop-Hippies).
- Jerry Evans: NFL tight end (Denver Broncos).
- Jock Climie: CFL slot back (Montreal Alouettes).
- CarrT Otis in San Francisco: California, USA; actress (Wild Orchid).
- Mika Hakkinen: Finnish race car driver.
- Vanessa Vadim: French-American noted family, the daughter of Roger and Jane Fonda Vadim. Jane once said that she never had to worry about anyone knowing her daughter for she was registered under her dad's name, Plemiannikou.
- Naomi Watts: British actress who came to international attention in David Lynch's psychological thriller "Mulholland Drive" (2001). She received nominations at the Academy Awards and the Screen Actors Guild Awards in the Best Actress categories for her portrayal of Cristina Peck in Alejandro González Iñárritu's neo-noir 21 Grams (2003). For her leading role as Maria Bennett in the disaster film "The Impossible" (2012), she received second nominations for the Academy Award and Screen Actors Guild Award for Be
- Francois Botha: South African boxer and mixed martial artist
- Mika Häkkinen: Finnish race car driver
- Trish Keenan: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Broadcast) (d. 2011)
- Rob Moroso: American race car driver (d. 1990)
- Corry Lievens: Flemish actress / playwright / director (Blue Bird), dies at 64.
- Happy Time closes at Broadway Theater NYC after 286 performances
- Hey Jude by Beatles peaks at #1
- Atlanta Chiefs beat San Diego Toros 3-0 for NASL championship.
- Chuck Hixson (Southern Methodist) completes 37 of record 69 passes.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Deep Purple - Hush
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Fool On The Hill
- The 1910 Fruitgum Company - 1,2,3 Red Light
- The Bee Gees - I've Gotta Get A Message To You
- The O'Kaysions - Girl Watcher
- Clarence Carter - Slip Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?