Monday 28 September 1970
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
The Baby Maker, directed by James Bridges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1970!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1970 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Kimiko Date: Kyoto, Japan -- Tennis star (1996 Japan Open).
- Jacki Cisneros: Jacki and her husband Gilbert, a couple from Pico Rivera, CA, won 266 Millions dollars in the Mega Millions lottery on 5 May 2010.
- Kimiko Date-Krumm: Japanese tennis player.
- Mike DeJean: American baseball player.
- Yūji Kishi: Japanese actor.
- Gualter Salles: Brazilian race car driver
- Words & Music, debuts on NBC-TV
- Anwar Sadat replaces Egyptian President Nassar
- Ringo Starr released his Beaccups of Blues album
- The U.S. Congress gives President Richard Nixon authority to sell arms to Israel.
- In Berlin, Baader-Meinhof Gang members rob 3 banks, with loot totaling over DM200,000.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Dawn - Candida
- Neil Diamond - Cracklin' Rosie
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
- Rare Earth - (I Know) I'm Losing You
- Anne Murray - Snowbird
- Edwin Starr - War
- Free - All Right Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?