Tuesday 28 September 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Picture Show, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1971!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1971 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Chad May: NFL / WLAF quarterback (Minn Vikings, Frankfurt Galaxy).
- David Weightman: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Marcus Spears: NFL / WLAF guard / tackle (Chicago Bears, Amsterdam Admirals).
- A Croce: American singer-songwriter, musician, and pianist, who owns and operates his own record label, Seedling Records.
- Joseph Arthur: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Lonely Astronauts Fistful of Mercy and RNDM).
- Budapest in 1956 to escape treason charges, ends exile and flies to Rome
- Cardinal Josef Mindszenty of Hungary took refuge in US Embassy
- New York Times reports growing interest of white youth in black gospel music
- The Parliament of the United Kingdom passes the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 banning the medicinal use of cannabis.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?