Thursday 28 September 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marzena Godecki and Nestaea Sealy.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Kiss You All Over by Exile.
In UK Three Times A Lady by The Commodores was in the top 5 hits.
The Boys from Brazil, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
On TV people were watching Yagyû ichizoku no inbô.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Race - Spin-out - Cryptogram (Europe) Speedway / Spin-out / Cryptologic (US) or Sargon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1978!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1978 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Marzena Godecki: Actress (Ocean Girl).
- Nestaea Sealy: Miss Bahamas Universe (1997).
- Bushido : German rapper and producer.
- Pope John Paul I: 65-year-old, found dead, after only 33 days as Pope.
- Pieter Botha succeeds Vorster as Premier of South Africa
- Syrians and Lebanese engage in heavy fighting in Lebanon
- Israeli Knesset endorses Camp David accord.
- Pope John Paul I dies after only 33 days of papacy.
- Vietnam attacks Cambodia.
- Tuvalu becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- The New York Yankees defeat the Boston Red Sox 5–4 at Fenway Park to clinch the AL East after being 14 games out of first place only two months earlier. The Yankees would eventually go on to defeat the Kansas City Royals and Los Angeles Dodgers and win the World Series.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Exile - Kiss You All Over
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights
- Boston - Don't Look Back
- Nick Gilder - Hot Child In The City
- Little River Band - Reminiscing
- John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?