Thursday 28 September 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Kiss You All Over by Exile.
In UK Three Times A Lady by The Commodores was in the top 5 hits.
The Boys from Brazil, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1978!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1978 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Marzena Godecki: Actress (Ocean Girl).
- Nestaea Sealy: Miss Bahamas Universe (1997).
- Bushido : German rapper and producer.
- Pope John Paul I: 65-year-old, found dead, after only 33 days as Pope.
- Pieter Botha succeeds Vorster as Premier of South Africa
- Syrians and Lebanese engage in heavy fighting in Lebanon
- Israeli Knesset endorses Camp David accord.
- Pope John Paul I dies after only 33 days of papacy.
- Vietnam attacks Cambodia.
- Tuvalu becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- The New York Yankees defeat the Boston Red Sox 5–4 at Fenway Park to clinch the AL East after being 14 games out of first place only two months earlier. The Yankees would eventually go on to defeat the Kansas City Royals and Los Angeles Dodgers and win the World Series.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Exile - Kiss You All Over
- Taste Of Honey, A - Boogie Oogie Oogie
- Commodores - Three Times A Lady
- Nick Gilder - Hot Child In The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Hopelessly Devoted To You
- Little River Band - Reminiscing
- Boston - Don't Look Back
- John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John - Summer Nights
- Andy Gibb - An Everlasting Love
- John Paul Young - Love Is In The Air
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 28 September 1978 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?