Tuesday 28 September 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Jack & Diane by John Cougar.
In UK Eye Of The Tiger by Survivor was in the top 5 hits.
Fitzcarraldo, directed by Werner Herzog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Master Of The Game by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1982!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1982 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Abhinav Bindra: Indian shooter and is World and Olympic champion in the 10 m Air Rifle event.
- Nolwenn Leroy: French singer-songwriter, musician and voice actress, who rose to fame after winning the second series of the French television reality show, Star Academy.
- Ranbir Kapoor: Indian actor.
- Anderson Varejao: Brazilian basketball player.
- Matt Cohen: TV Actor.
- St Vincent: Pop Singer
- Aleksandr Anyukov: Russian footballer
- Ray Emery: Canadian ice hockey player
- Kazue Fukiishi: Japanese actress
- Emeka Okafor: American basketball player.
- Dustin Penner: Canadian ice hockey player
- Aivar Rehemaa: Estonian skier
- Anderson Varejão: Brazilian basketball player
- 1st reports appear of death from cyanide-laced Tylenol capsules
- Mabel Albertson, American actress, dies of Alzheimer's disease at age 81 (born 1901).
- Larry Breeding, American actor (Who's Watching the Kids?) dies on 36th birthday.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
- Chicago - Hard To Say I'm Sorry
- Survivor - Eye Of The Tiger
- Melissa Manchester - You Should Hear How She Talks About You
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- Jackson Browne - Somebody's Baby
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?