Thursday 28 September 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to SexyBack by Justin Timberlake.
In UK I Don't Feel Like Dancin' by Scissor Sisters was in the top 5 hits.
Stranger Than Fiction, directed by Marc Forster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Inside My Heart by Robin McGraw was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 2006!
Which were the important events of 28 September 2006 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 September
- The Platte Canyon High School killer is identified as Duane Morrison, who has no known connections with Bailey, Colorado. (CBS News)
- Georgia-Russia spying row:
- Abu Hamza al-Muhajir, the new leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, urges Muslims to make the month of Ramadan a ampquotmonth of holy warampquot in an audiotape posted on an Islamic web site. (Associated Press)
- Empress Maria Fyodorovna of Russia is interred in the Peter and Paul Cathedral of Saint Petersburg, next to her husband, Alexander III of Russia. (BBC)
- Israeli radio reports that Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert said he plans to meet Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in coming days. (Sydney Morning Herald)
- ''Top Gear'' presenter Richard Hammond leaves Leeds General Infirmary for an undisclosed hospital near his home to recuperate after major car crash whilst filming the week before. (AFP via News Limited)
- Los Angeles Dodgers rookie First-baseman James Loney breaks a 56 year-old record set by Gil Hodges of 9 RBI's in one game against the Colorado Rockies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?