Friday 28 September 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Stronger by Kanye West.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
I'm Not There., directed by Todd Haynes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World by Bill Clinton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Begin Japanology.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ancient Wars: Sparta or Build-a-lot.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 28 September 2007 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 28 September
- Rene Desmaison: French mountaineer (Born 1930).
- Supporters of the opposition gather in Georgia's capital, Tbilisi, to protest against the government in the largest such rally in the country since 2003. (BBC)
- ''Lehendakari'' Juan José Ibarretxe announces a referendum on the future of the Basque Country for 25 October 2008. (Digital Journal)
- Richard Garriott, famed game designer and son of former NASA Skylab astronaut Owen Garriott, will become the sixth space tourist, visiting the International Space Station in 2008. (Space Adventures)
- 2007 Burmese anti-government protests:
- There are reports that Burmese troops from middle Myanmar have started to march towards Yangon. The reported troops are from the Central Command based in Taungoo and the South East Command. (Mizzima News)
- South African Nobel Peace Prize laureate Desmond Tutu urges China to intervene in the ongoing protests in Myanmar, or he would ampquotjoin a campaign to boycott the Beijing Olympicsampquot next year. (Dagens Nyheter)
- Public Burmese Internet access is cut, silencing what had become an international source of information and images about the events. (Fox News)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?