Monday 29 April 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Only a Woman, directed by Theo Frenkel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1912!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1912 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Raoul Lesueur: France sport Champion.
- Richard Carlson: American actor who was brought to Hollywood by David O. Selznick as a scriptwriter before he went into film acting, playing lead in some 50 pictures.
- Jean Simon: French Major General who served in the Foreign Legion from 1940 to 1961.
- Eleanor Simmons: American astrologer; joined AFA in May 1968.
- Italo Valenti: Italian sculptor.
- 108 degrees F (42 degrees C), Tuguegarao, Philippines (Oceania record high).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- It's a Long Lane That Has No Turning - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- I Love Love (I Love You, Dear) - Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 April 1912 and get them!