Tuesday 29 April 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1919.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1919 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Maurice Robert: French diplomat, a member of SDECE (France's external intelligence agency, a counter-espionage service), under Jacques Foccart, the Ambassador to Gabon, from November 1979 to 1981, who was responsible for the "Africa" service with Elf.
- Jo Gérard: Belgian historian, writer.
- Gérard Oury: French actor director and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Alla Rakha: Indian tabla player (d. 2000).
- Gerard Oury: French film actor and director (d. 2006).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Madelon - Victor Military Band
- Arthur Fields - How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?