Sunday 29 April 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Daughter of Destiny, directed by Henrik Galeen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1928 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Big Jay McNeely: Rocker.
- Johnny Sands: American film and television actor, who worked in over a dozen films, and on television, before he retired from show business in 1971.
- Carl Gardner in Tyler: Texas, USA; rock vocalist (Coasters - "Searchin").
- Carl Gardner: American singer (The Coasters) (d. 2011).
- Heinz Wolff: German-English physiologist engineer and academic.
- Henrich Federer: Switz, writer (I Switch Off The Light), dies at 61.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?