Sunday 29 April 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
A Daughter of Destiny, directed by Henrik Galeen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1928!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1928 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Big Jay McNeely: Rocker.
- Johnny Sands: American film and television actor, who worked in over a dozen films, and on television, before he retired from show business in 1971.
- Carl Gardner in Tyler: Texas, USA; rock vocalist (Coasters - "Searchin").
- Carl Gardner: American singer (The Coasters) (d. 2011).
- Heinz Wolff: German-English physiologist engineer and academic.
- Henrich Federer: Switz, writer (I Switch Off The Light), dies at 61.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 April 1928 and get them!