Monday 29 April 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Devil Is a Woman, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1935!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1935 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Len Weinrib in New York City: New York, USA; comedian (Spike Jones Show).
- Otto M Zykan: Composer.
- April Ashley: English model.
- Otis Rush: American singer and guitarist.
- Leroy Carr: American blues singer, songwriter and pianist (Born 1905).
- The first edition of the Vuelta a España is raced and goes on to become one of the 3 Grand Tours of road bicycle racing.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 April 1935 and get them!