Thursday 29 April 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Prince and the Pauper, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1937!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1937 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Jill Walsh: English author.
- Wannes Van de Velde: Flemish singer, musician, poet and artist.
- Jill Paton Walsh: British writer.
- Hasil Adkins: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2005).
- Arvo Mets: Estonian-Russian poet and translator (d. 1997).
- William Gillette: American actor and author (d. 1937).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?