Tuesday 29 April 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1947.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1947 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Serge Bernier: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Joey Levine: American singer-songwriter and producer (The Third Rail and Ohio Express).
- Jim Ryun: United States -- 1500m runner / broke 4 minute mile (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- James Ryun: American track & field champion and politician, who was a Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from 1996 to 2007, representing the 2nd District in Kansas.
- John Miller: San Francisco sports Champions.
- Tommy James: American musician, singer, songwriter and guitarist and leader of his group Tommy James and the Shondells.One of their greatest hits was "Crimson and Clover" and their 1969 album of the same name went platinum.
- Jacob Holdt: Danish photographer, global vagabond, maker of the "American Pictures" book and traveling slideshow that documents racism and poverty. Holdt left Denmark in the early 1970s for America with $40 in his pocket. He ended up staying for five years and hitchhiking over 118,000 miles across the country. For the past 25 years, he has presented the photos he took during his travels and has described his personal odyssey via "American Pictures." The show has been updated constantly to reflect his more re
- John[ny Laurence] Miller in San Francisco: California, USA; golfer (US Open 1973, 1974 PGA Player of the Year, British Open 1976).
- Johnny Miller: American golfer, the world's hottest in the mid-'70s. Starting with a sawed off golf club when he was only five, Miller captured the U.S. Junior Amateur when he was 17 in 1964, and went on his way to become a golf legend. He dominated the PGA Tour between 1972 and 1976. In 1974, he won eight PGA Tour events, a single-season achievement exceeded only by Arnold Palmer, and was number one on the money winner's list with winnings of $350,000. He is best known for his final-round 63 during the 1973 U
- John Laurence Miller: San Francisco, California -- Golfer (US Open 1973, British Open 1976)
- Irving Fisher: American economist and statistician (d. 1947).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?