Friday 29 April 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Hart and Ivano Nava.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Crusade in Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1949!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1949 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Eddie Hart: United States -- 100m runner (1972 Olympics).
- Ivano Nava: Italian citizen who was in a car on the street in Argenta, Sicily when he witnessed the murder of Judge Livatino on 9/21/1990.
- Anita Dobson: England, United Kingdom -- Actress (Annie Watts-EastEnders).
- The ''News Review'' reveals neither Selhurst College nor its headmaster H. Rochester Sneath exist.!--This is newsworthy why, exactly?--
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Riders in the Sky (A Cowboy Legend) - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Again - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?