Saturday 29 April 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Holmes and Bob Kaiser.
D.O.A., directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1950 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Paul Holmes: New Zealand broadcaster who gained national recognition through his high profile radio and television journalism.
- Bob Kaiser: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Cleveland Indians for one season in 1971.
- Steve Schroyder: German musician, a vocalist and organist, a multi-instrumentalist and member of "Tangerine Dream" 1970.
- Phillip Noyce: Australian director and producer.
- Debbie Stabenow: American politician, junior senator of Michigan.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hoop-Dee-Doo - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Bewitched - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- Mindy Carson - My Foolish Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?