Saturday 29 April 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
D.O.A., directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1950 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Phillip Noyce: Australian director and producer.
- Debbie Stabenow: American politician, junior senator of Michigan.
- Bob Kaiser: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the Cleveland Indians for one season in 1971.
- Paul Holmes: New Zealand broadcaster who gained national recognition through his high profile radio and television journalism.
- Steve Schroyder: German musician, a vocalist and organist, a multi-instrumentalist and member of "Tangerine Dream" 1970.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hoop-Dee-Doo - Perry Como & Fontane Sisters
- Bewitched - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- Mindy Carson - My Foolish Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?