Thursday 29 April 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
Three Coins in the Fountain, directed by Jean Negulesco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1954!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1954 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Deborah Iyall: rocker (Romeo Void).
- Bill Paxon: American politician (Representative-Republican-New York).
- Jake Burton Carpenter: American snowboarder.
- Jerry Seinfeld: American comedian with his own top-rated TV series, "Seinfeld," that played for 140 episodes.
- Jake Carpenter: American snowboarder and businessman founded Burton Snowboards.
- Ernst Heldring: Dutch merchant/ship owner/financier, dies at age 82.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1954 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?