Monday 29 April 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1957.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1957 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Richie C Robertson: Rock bassist / vocalist (Fabulous Poodles).
- Geoffrey Gould: American actor.
- Birgitte Sondergaard: Swedish actress, TV host and author.
- Mark Kendall: American guitarist and songwriter (Great White).
- Sofia Sakorafa: Greek javelin thrower and politician.
- Timothy Treadwell: American ecologist and environmentalist (d. 2003)
- Francis Temperville: French nuclear engineer and spy. Arrested in September 1992, Temperville was accused of selling secrets to the Soviets, after receiving information from Victor Otchenko, a former KGB colonel who defected to the West. The documents he traded concerned the physical makeup of French thermonuclear weapons, techniques of reprocessing nuclear waste, and secret telegram codes used to track results from nuclear tests conducted in the South Pacific.
- Daniel Day-Lewis: British-Irish actor
- Otallo Morales: Composer, dies at 82.
- 1st military nuclear power plant dedicated, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
- First military nuclear power plant dedicated, Fort Belvoir, Virginia, USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?