Friday 29 April 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Guzaldo in Chicago and Robert J Sawyer.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Stuck On You by Elvis Presley.
In UK My Old Man's A Dustman by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
The Rickshaw Man, directed by Hiroshi Inagaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching An Age of Kings.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1960!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1960 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Joseph Guzaldo in Chicago: Illinois, USA; actor (Stir Crazy).
- Robert J Sawyer: Canadian writer.
- Phil King: British bassist.
- William Lee Glasson Jr in Fresno: California, USA; PGA golfer (1985 Kemper Open).
- Gerard Joling: Dutch singer ("Love is in Your Eyes").
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1960
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Stuck On You
- The Brothers Four - Greenfields
- Johnny Horton - Sink The Bismarck
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Connie Stevens - Sixteen Reasons
- Paul Anka - Puppy Love
- The Browns - The Old Lamplighter
- Bill Black's Combo - White Silver Sands
- Brenda Lee - Sweet Nothin's
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?