Wednesday 29 April 1970
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to ABC by The Jackson 5.
In UK Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon & Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
A Man Called Horse, directed by Elliot Silverstein, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The French Lieutenant'S Woman by John Fowles was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1970 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- China Forbes: American singer and songwriter (Pink Martini).
- Uma Thurman: American actress, daughter of a Swedish psychotherapist mom (who was once married to Timothy Leary) and an American dad who was a professor of Asian religion.
- Uma Thurman in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actress (Baron Munchausen, Pulp Fiction).
- J R Phillips in West Covina: California, USA; infielder (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Arnaud Briand: hockey forward (Team France 1998).
- Derrick Frazier: NFL cornerback (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Andre Agassi in Las Vegas: Nevada, USA; tennis star (Olympics-gold-1996, US Open-1994 and 1999, Wimbledon-1992).
- Leuea Tagoai: Canadian Football League defensive end (Winnipeg Blue Bombers).
- Mark McMillian NFL cornerback (Philadelphia Eagles: Kansas City Chiefs).
- William Martin III in Charleston: South Carolina, USA; Finnish yachter (Olympics-23rd-1996).
- Andre Agassi: American tennis ace, born to a father of Armenian descent, originally Agassian. In 1993 he briefly met five-year-older actress Brooke Shields. They had both been child stars, were both religious and both in a career slump. They began sending each other notes and faxes, then talking on the phone for hours. By the time they got together in December, meeting in an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles, Shields said she was already smitten. Their excitement together spilled over into their professional
- Vietnam War: United States and South Vietnamese forces invade Cambodia to hunt Viet Cong.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Jackson 5 - ABC
- The Beatles - Let It Be
- Norman Greenbaum - Spirit In The Sky
- The Guess Who - American Woman
- John Ono Lennon - Instant Karma (We All Shine On)
- The Friends Of Distinction - Love Or Let Me Be Lonely
- Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
- Badfinger - Come And Get It
- The Ides Of March - Vehicle
- Tyrone Davis - Turn Back The Hands Of Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?