Saturday 29 April 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gwendolyn Wentland in Flint and Anne-Sophie Lapix.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1972 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Gwendolyn Wentland in Flint: Michigan; high jumper.
- Anne-Sophie Lapix: French journalist and TV host, occasionally actress.
- Derek Mears: Movie Actor.
- Erica Campbell: Gospel Singer.
- Dustin McDaniel: American lawyer and politician 55th Arkansas Attorney General.
- The fourth anniversary of the Broadway musical ''Hair'' is celebrated with a free concert at a Central Park bandshell, followed by dinner at the Four Seasons. There, 13 Black Panther protesters and the show's co-author, Jim Rado, are arrested for disturbing the peace and for using marijuana.
- The Burundian Genocide against the Hutu begins more than 500,000 Hutus die.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Sonny & Cher - A Cowboys Work Is Never Done
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?