Sunday 29 April 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Heart Of Glass by Blondie.
In UK Bright Eyes by Art Garfunkel was in the top 5 hits.
Manhattan, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1979!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1979 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Lee Dong-Gook: Korean footballer.
- Matt Tong: British drummer (Bloc Party).
- Nihan Anaz: Turkish basketball player.
- Lee Dong-gook: South Korean footballer.
- Sam Jones: American actor.
- Ashish Nehra: Indian cricketer
- Jo O'Meara: English singer-songwriter and actress (S Club and 2-4 Family)
- Ryan Sharp: Scottish race car driver and manager
- Arissa Hill: American actress, she was a member of the cast of MTV’s "The Real World: Las Vegas" from February 2002 when she won the coveted role appearing in 22 episodes. She was hopeful that her talent and beauty will land her another position when this series ended. Raised by a single mom, Arissa is a 5’9" beauty, half African-American and half Italian. She began a modeling career in Boston while she pursued a degree in advertising and public relations at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, and it w
- Jane Blalock wins LPGA Otey Crisman Golf Classic.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?