Tuesday 29 April 1986
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Addicted To Love by Robert Palmer.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
No Retreat, No Surrender, directed by Corey Yuen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1986!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1986 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Amy Heidemann: American pop singer known for being one-half of the group Karmin with fiancé Nick Noonan.
- Catherine Giudici: Reality Star.
- Crystal Hefner: Model.
- Zoran Korach: TV Actor.
- Renee Alway: American model.
- Seamus McElwaine: Irish Republican Army-terrorist, killed at age 25.
- Boston Red Sox Roger Clemens strikes out 20 Seattle Mariners
- 800,000 books destroyed by fire in Los Angeles Central Library.
- A fire at the Central library of the City of Los Angeles Public Library damages or destroys 400,000 books and other items.
- Diamond Jubilee of Hirohito is held at the Kokugikan in Tokyo
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Robert Palmer - Addicted To Love
- Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls
- Prince - Kiss
- Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
- The Rolling Stones - Harlem Shuffle
- Janet Jackson - What Have You Done For Me Lately
- Whitney Houston - Greatest Love Of All
- The Outfield - Your Love
- Phil Collins - Take Me Home
- Bangles - Manic Monday
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?