Wednesday 29 April 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, directed by Mark Waters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Twilight by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 April 2009 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 April
- (to May 1) Heritage Numismatic Auctions conductions coin auctions at the Central States Numismatic Society convention in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The third C40 Large Cities Climate Leadership Group meets in Seoul.
- Following more than a quarter-century of fighting, the Sri Lankan Civil War ends with the total military defeat of the LTTE.
- The United States economy contracts by 6.1% in the first fiscal quarter of 2009. (AP via ''New York Times'')
- Swine influenza outbreak:
- The United States suffers its first death. (''USA Today'')
- Mexico reports 159 deaths and 2,500 suspected cases. (Sky News)
- The World Health Organization raises its Pandemic Alert Level to five. (BBC)
- India's government locks down Srinagar, Kashmir, to prevent anti-election protests. (AFP via Google News)
- Australia announces the deployment of 450 additional soldiers to the Afghanistan War. (AAP via News Limited)
- The Armed Forces kill more than 50 Taliban militants while capturing Daggar, Buner Valley. (Reuters)
- At least 23 people are killed as riots erupt in North Karachi. (''Daily Times'')
- The Truth and Reconciliation Commission of the Solomon Islands is officially opened. (BBC)
- President of the United States Barack Obama delivers his 3rd primetime news conference on his 100th day in office
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2009 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?