Friday 29 April 2011
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to S&M by Rihanna.
Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Two Greedy Italians.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Anno 2070 or Dance Dance Revolution II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 29 April 2011 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 April
- Wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Kate Middleton.
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- A ampquotDay of Rageampquot is set to get underway in Syria as the popular uprising against Bashar al-Assad's regime continues. (BBC)
- Security forces shut off Daraa's water supply and electricity, and begin confiscating food, in an effort to starve the people of the city. (Al Jazeera)
- The United Nations Human Rights Council condemns Syria for using deadly force against peaceful protesters and calls for an investigation into the killing of civilians and other alleged crimes China, Russia and Pakistan vote against measures as ampquotmeddling in Syria's internal affairsampquot. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- 2011 Yemeni protests:
- 100,000 people march through central Sanaa in one of the largest protests yet to have taken place against the Saleh regime, with protesters demanding that he resign immediately rather than wait for the phased handover of power he has orchestrated. (Al Jazeera)
- Protests in Bahrain, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia:
- 2011 Libyan civil war in Tunisia:
- 2011 Moroccan protests:
- People gather to demonstrate against terrorism in Marrakesh. (Al Jazeera)
- Riots take place in the Ugandan capital Kampala after opposition leader Kizza Besigye is attacked, leaving two people dead and dozens injured. (Reuters)
- The Lisa Aschan-directed Swedish film ''She Monkeys'' wins best narrative feature and the Alma Har'el-directed Israeli film ''Bombay Beach'' wins best documentary prize at New York's Tribeca Film Festival. (BBC)
- The Vatican brings Pope John Paul II's coffin out from below St. Peter's Basilica in Rome in preparation for his beatification. (BBC)
- Air India pilots continue a strike for a third successive day with 120 flights cancelled. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Unemployment figures in Spain increase to a 14-year high nearly 5,000,000 people are unemployed. (BBC)
- Demand for Samsung Electronics products plummets again, with the company only managing net profits of $2.6 billion for the first three months of 2011. (BBC)
- Renowned Swiss climber Erhard Loretan is killed after falling off a mountain in the Swiss Alps on his 52nd birthday. (''The Guardian'')
- At least 43 people are killed and others are missing after a minibus of mourners falls from a ferry on the River Nile. (BBC)
- The death toll for the April 25–28, 2011 tornado outbreak in the United States reaches 300. (Fox Alabama)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?