Sunday 29 April 2012
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Somebody That I Used To Know by Gotye.
LOL, directed by Lisa Azuelos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 29 April 2012 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 April
- Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia kill four members of Colombian Army on a mission to destroy cocaine laboratories in Caquetá Department with another four soldiers, a police officer and a French journalist missing. (BBC)
- African church attacks:
- Several explosions are reported near a Christian service at Bayero University Kano in the northern Nigerian city of Kano, with at least 16 people killed. (AP)
- One person is killed and 10 injured in a grenade attack at a church in Nairobi, Kenya. (AFP via Google News)
- Four officials are killed in rebel attacks in northern Burma. (''The Australian'')
- Seven people are killed in a three-way shootout between rival drug cartels and the authorities in the Mexican state of Sinaloa, the home-state of Joaquín Guzmán Loera, the country's most-wanted drug lord. (Fox News)
- Lebanon confiscates a shipment of arms and ammunition meant for Syrian rebels and arrests 11 crewmembers. (BBC)
- At least seven people die following a bus crash in Japan's Gunma Prefecture north of Tokyo. (NHK World)
- Seven people are killed, including three children, when a vehicle they were in flipped over on the Bronx River Parkway in The Bronx, New York City. (CNN)
- The final deadline (no more extensions) for the total destruction of chemical weapons stockpiles under the international Chemical Weapons Convention is reached. (RIA Novosti)
- The United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon visits Burma. (CNN)
- 2012 Malian coup d'état: Mali coup leader Amadou Haya Sanogo rejects a decision by the Economic Community of West African States to deploy troops to the country. (France 24)
- Ana Maria Gomes, a Member of the European Parliament, is denied access to Bahrain. (Reuters)
- Sudan arrests four foreigners in the disputed border region with South Sudan on accusations of spying. (Arab News)
- Chinese authorities begin to round-up associates of human rights activist Chen Guangcheng in light of his escape from house arrest. (''Hindustan Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- Fun. - We Are Young
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?