Tuesday 29 August 1905
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lan Adomian and Martinus A Jansen.
Ensalada criolla, directed by Eugene Py, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1905.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1905!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1905 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Lan Adomian: Composer.
- Martinus A Jansen: Bishop of Rotterdam (1956-70).
- Suzanne Faure-Beaulieu: France sport Champion.
- Dhyan Chand: Indian field hockey player (d. 1979).
- Arndt Pekurinen: Finnish pacifist (Born 1905).
- Pierre de Brazza leaves Brazzaville
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1905 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Dearie - Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet
- Come Along, Little Girl, Come Along - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- The Chirpers - Joe Belmont & Arthur Pryor's Band
- Come Along, Little Girl, Come Along - Haydn Quartet
- In the Shade of the Old Apple Tree - Arthur Pryor's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1905?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?