Wednesday 29 August 1906
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Lika mot lika, directed by Knut Lambert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1906.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1906!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1906 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Lurene Tuttle Pleasant Lake Indiana: USA; actress (Father of Bride, Julia).
- Bridge in St. Lawrence Canada caves in; 70 die
- William J Clothier wins the US Tennis Open
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1906 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Pretty Desdamone - Bert Williams
- By the Light of the Honeymoon - Frank Stanley & Corrine Morgan
- You're a Grand Old Flag - Arthur Pryor's Band
- Bashful Henry and His Lovin' Lucy - Len Spencer & Ada Jones
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?