Tuesday 29 August 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Barry O'Neil, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1911 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Pierre Aubry: Brousseval Military man.
- Vernon Clark: American clinical psychologist, interested in astrology since 1927.
- Henri Agel: French film professor and critic who died on July 1, 2008 in Decazeville.
- Ishi, considered the last Native American to make contact with European Americans, emerges from the wilderness of northeastern California.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All Alone - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Selections from The Pink Lady - Prince's Orchestra
- By the Saskatchewan - Reinald Werrenrath & Haydn Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 29 August 1911 and get them!