Tuesday 29 August 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Dare ga sode otôkichi, directed by Matsunosuke Onoe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1916 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Leo Horn: Dutch soccer referee / columnist / businessman.
- Jean Hébey: French actor, who died from hemiplegia on 31 October 1992 in Paris.
- Consuelo Velazquez: Mexican concert pianist, songwriter and recording artist.
- Jean Hebey: France Actor.
- Roger Joureau: Le Creusot Military man.
- Luther Davis: American playwright and screenwriter (d. 2008)
- George Montgomery: American actor stuntman director and producer (d. 2000)
- Transportship Hsin-Yu and cruiser Hai-Yung collide; 1000 die
- US Congress accept Jones Act: Philippines independence
- Von Hindenburg replaces Von Falkenhayn as German Chief of Staff
- The United States passes the Philippine Autonomy Act.
- September ndash Bulgaria takes Dobruja from Romania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can Dance with Everybody but my Wife - Joseph Cawthorn
- My Dreamy China Lady - Lyric Quartet
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?