Tuesday 29 August 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Emile Habibi and Yorgos Sicilianos.
Monte Cristo, directed by Emmett J. Flynn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1922!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1922 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Emile Habibi: Writer.
- Yorgos Sicilianos: Composer.
- Mr Blackwell: American fashion critic (d. 2008).
- Richard Blackwell: American critic known as "Mr.
- John McCormick: American astrologer and humorist, a part time pro.
- John Williams: American author and educator (d. 1994)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Parade of the Wooden Soldiers - Vincent Lopez & His Orchestra
- Stumbling - Frank Crumit
- Coo Coo - Al Jolson
- Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean - Furman & Nash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?