Friday 29 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marius J J van Amelsvoort and Jacques Bouchard.
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1930 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Marius J J van Amelsvoort: Dutch Undersecretary (CDA).
- Jacques Bouchard: Quebec advertising executive (Born 1930).
- Carlos Loyzaga: Filipino basketball player and coach (d. 2016).
- William Archibald Spooner: English writer (Born 1844).
- The last 36 remaining inhabitants of St Kilda are voluntarily evacuated to other parts of Scotland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?