Friday 29 August 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Storm Over Asia, directed by Vsevolod Pudovkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1930.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1930 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Marius J J van Amelsvoort: Dutch Undersecretary (CDA).
- Jacques Bouchard: Quebec advertising executive (Born 1930).
- Carlos Loyzaga: Filipino basketball player and coach (d. 2016).
- William Archibald Spooner: English writer (Born 1844).
- The last 36 remaining inhabitants of St Kilda are voluntarily evacuated to other parts of Scotland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?