Saturday 29 August 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gilbert Amy and John McCain.
The Gorgeous Hussy, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1936 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Gilbert Amy: French composer and conductor.
- John McCain: American politician, a Republican Senator from Arizona since 1992, the unsuccessful rival of George W. Bush for the GOP nomination for President in 2000, and the Republican nominee for President in 2008.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1936?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?