Thursday 29 August 1963
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels.
In UK Sweets For My Sweet by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Stray Dog, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while City Of Night by John Rechy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1963!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1963 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Greg Holmes: Covina, California -- Tennis star.
- Elizabeth Fraser: Scottish singer-songwriter (Cocteau Twins).
- Harmon Killebrew (Twins) HRs off Pete Burnside (Senators) in DH
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back
- Allan Sherman - Hello Mudduh, Hello Fadduh! (A Letter From Camp)
- Little Stevie Wonder - Fingertips - Pt 2
- The Four Seasons - Candy Girl
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Blowin' In The Wind
- Trini Lopez - If I Had A Hammer
- Lesley Gore - Judy's Turn To Cry
- Inez Foxx - Mockingbird
- Kai Winding & Orchestra - More
- Randy and the Rainbows - Denise
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?