Saturday 29 August 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to War by Edwin Starr.
In UK The Wonder Of You by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Lovers and Other Strangers, directed by Cy Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1970.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1970!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1970 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:29 August
- Mary Clare: Dies at 76.
- Black Panthers confront police in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (one policeman killed).
- Chicano Moratorium against the Vietnam War, East Los Angeles, California. Police riot kills three people, including journalist Ruben Salazar.
- Rubén Salazar is shot and killed during a rally in East Los Angeles.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Edwin Starr - War
- Bread - Make It With You
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Eric Burdon and War - Spill The Wine
- Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Ronnie Dyson - (If You Let Me Make Love To You Then) Why Can't I Touch You
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?