Sunday 29 August 1976
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Renaud and Kasia Kulesza.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John.
In UK Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Elton John & Kiki Dee was in the top 5 hits.
Burnt Offerings, directed by Dan Curtis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vater Seidl und sein Sohn.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Barricade or Breakout.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1976!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1976 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Chris Renaud: Fredericton, New Brunswick -- Swimmer (1996 Olympics).
- Kasia Kulesza: Warsaw, Poland -- Canadian synchro swimmer (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Stephanie Worcester: Miss USA-Maine (1997).
- Jon Dahl Tomasson: Danish footballer.
- Luana Piovani: Brazilian model and actress, voted in a poll of 7,000 "the sexiest woman in the world," 1998.
- Stephen Carr: Irish footballer
- Phil Harvey: English businessman
- Kevin Kaesviharn: American football player
- Georgios Kalaitzis: Greek basketball player
- Pablo Mastroeni: Argentinian-American soccer player and manager
- Jon Tomasson: Danish footballer and manager
- Sandra Palmer wins LPGA National Jewish Hospital Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elton John - Don't Go Breaking My Heart
- Bee Gees - You Should Be Dancing
- Wings - Let 'Em In
- Lou Rawls - You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine
- England Dan and John Ford Coley - I'd Really Love To See You Tonight
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - (Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty
- Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music
- Walter Murphy - A Fifth Of Beethoven
- Seals and Crofts - Get Closer
- George Benson - This Masquerade
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?