Saturday 29 August 1987
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to La Bamba by Los Lobos.
In UK La Bamba by Los Lobos was in the top 5 hits.
Hamburger Hill, directed by John Irvin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Patriot Games by Tom Clancy was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1987.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1987!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1987 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Tony Kane: Irish footballer.
- Matt Sohinki: YouTube Star.
- Brodie Smith: YouTube Star.
- Elliot Benyon: English footballer.
- Nolan Ryan passes the 200-strikeout barrier for record 11th time
- Rosa Mota becomes wins female Rome marathon (2:25:17)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Madonna - Who's That Girl
- Richard Marx - Don't Mean Nothing
- Suzanne Vega - Luka
- Debbie Gibson - Only In My Dreams
- Michael Jackson - I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- The Whispers - Rock Steady
- Whitney Houston - Didn't We Almost Have It All
- Starship - It's Not Over (Til It's Over)
- Dan Hill - Can't We Try
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?