Tuesday 29 August 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Cold Hearted by Paula Abdul.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Little Monsters, directed by Richard Alan Greenberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Russia House by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1989 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Aleksandr Bebikh: Russian footballer.
- Karol Castillo: Peruvian model Miss Perú Universo 2008 (d. 2013).
- Peter Scott: English explorer, naturalist, and painter (Born 1909).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Warrant - Heaven
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Don Henley - The End Of The Innocence
- Jody Watley - Friends
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?