Saturday 29 August 1992
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mallu Magalhaes and Noah Syndergaard.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to End Of The Road by Boyz II Men.
In UK Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap! was in the top 5 hits.
Honeymoon in Vegas, directed by Andrew Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1992
while Gerald'S Game by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Batman: The Animated Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astral Bout or Diamonds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1992!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1992 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Mallu Magalhaes: Brazilian singer-songwriter.
- Noah Syndergaard: Baseball Player.
- Mallu Magalhães: Brazilian singer-songwriter (Banda do Mar).
- Largest wrestling crowd out side of US (75,000) at Wembley Stadium
- In Rostock, Germany, tens of thousands rally to protest neo-Nazi attacks on refugees and immigrants begun on August 22.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1992
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1992 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Boyz II Men - End Of The Road
- TLC - Baby-Baby-Baby
- Guns N' Roses - November Rain
- Madonna - This Used To Be My Playground
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- Bobby Brown - Humpin' Around
- En Vogue - Giving Him Something He Can Feel
- Jon Secada - Just Another Day
- Shakespear's Sister - Stay
- Tom Cochrane - Life Is A Highway
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?