Tuesday 29 August 1995
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shawnn and Aria Clemente.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson.
In UK Never Forget by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
La Haine, directed by Mathieu Kassovitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while From Potter's Field by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rownd a Rownd.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DonPachi or Front Mission.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1995!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1995 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
Famous Birthdays:29 August
- Eduard Shevardnadze, the Georgian head of state, survives an assassination attempt in Tbilisi.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1995
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?