Tuesday 29 August 2000
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Doesn't Really Matter by Janet.
In UK 7 Days by Craig David was in the top 5 hits.
Bring It On, directed by Peyton Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2000
while Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2000.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 2000!
Which were the important events of 29 August 2000 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Rehan Gandhi: Indian child of Priyanka Gandhi and her husband Robert Vadra.
- Willie Maddren: English footballer and manager (d. 2000).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2000 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?